[Metastockusers] Hi Chuck--Rydex ratios

I believe you use the Rydex data already. I've made many ratios and
indexes with the data and find it very useful when trading SPYs or
the Rydex funds in particular. I think it's the best EOD trend data
there is right now. As you know many mutual funds move with the
market (unfortunately a lot of them move less than the market).

Maridome is going to supply a number of ratios and indexes, some of
which they have gotten from other traders and some they've gotten
from me.

The most popular one is (Nova + OTC)/Ursa. That one is very good for
tracking the overall market.

I use Titan/Tempest (velocity/venture for the QQQs)  as a way to
track the money movement from the long side of the market to the
short side. It's more sensitive than the Nova index, and thresholds
don't work well with it because the total amount of money generated
by growth of Rydex is not accounted for. To solve this I use BB bands
instead of threshold.

Some traders divide Ursa/Nova, which gives a good ratio also. It's an
inverse ratio.

You can also watch the flow of money into and out of both the long
and short side of bonds.

I find the Rydex sector funds too small to make any useful ratios;
however, I have noticed the indexes (internet, biotech, etc) do seem
to fairly well correlated to the flow of funds into and out of Rydex
sector funds. However, the price of the sector funds is also impacted
by their size so it's hard to use fund flow to trade the Rydex
sectors--at least in my experience.

Before Maridome I kept the data in Excel and called Rydex everyday. I
think you do that too so you know what a pain that is.

Hope this info is useful.

Jack

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM