[EquisMetaStock Group] Are there loop functions in Metastock?

Not sure how much any of you are into programming
but I'm hoping you can answer this question or point me in the right
direction where I can get assistance.

I have done a lot of computer programming and am familiar with quite
a few languages and have been delving into the Metastock Language.
Maybe I'm missing the obvious but I don't seem to be able to find
any loop functions.
In all other languages I've been involved with you have a least a few
different types of loops.

I have found the "ref" function that allow you to reference a period
prior to the current one (say 1 day ago, or 10 days ago) but I'm
after loop
functions.

For example if I want to write a function that accepts dynamic input
from the user and go through data for the past 10 days I want to
write a loop that traverse the data backwards one day at a time and
performs calculations
on that data.

So in English the function would do the following:

Prompt user for number of days to traverse.
User inputs the number 10 and this is assigned to a
variable "num_days".
Define a variable "counter" and initialise it to 1.
while "counter" <= "num_days" do the following:
   get price data for day that is "counter" number of days prior to
today.
   do whatever you want with this data .. bla bla bla
   "counter" gets incremented by 1 and go back up to "while"
statement
end of loop

So, the above code would traverse through the data for the number of
days the user has entered and then exit when the loop test fails.

If you are into programming a little you'll know what I mean and if
not then I hope I've explained things well enough.

Is there another plug-in that enables these types of features or do
they have to be done outside of Metstock via dll's or do I need to
get an add-on program or have I just missed how this is done
altogether.

Thanks in advance

CC

Buy Naturally Painless & Spray Away Backaches & Joint Pain. $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2867&lp=m331.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/tJIe0D/79VGAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM