RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] beta

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>IMO...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>1.  The best place to get 5-year beta (the usually quoted value) for
stocks would be Zack's.  Do a custom search and export to Excel.  If
you need more info, yell out.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>2.  The first question you need to ask, however, is what period do
you think is best for beta.   I happen to think that 5 years is too
long.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>3.  If you agree that 5 years is too long, why not calculate your
own, 100% accurate beta using MetaStock.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>4.  If you decide on a period and you want a file containing current
betas for that period and you aren't able to do it in MetaStock, let me know and
I'll send it to you.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>5.  The beauty of doing it yourself is that you can do it
dynamically and the beta would change (slightly) every day of your backtest and
be 100% accurate.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Hope
this helps.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: marshall
  [mailto:msmith3@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 1:21
  AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] betaanyone know the best place
  to find the most current Beta values for stocks?
  MarshallTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor