[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to get 15 minute and hourly data with MLDownloader?

 --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alex Tan <bt_alex_tty@xxxx>
wrote:
> Folks,
>
> How does one get 15 minutes and hourly data of stocks
> such as YHOO and SOHU with MLDownloader? If it cant be
> done, where are the sites or service which I can
> obtain these?
>
> Alex

> http://calendar.yahoo.com

There ia a product called qCenter that will download the data for
free, but the product costs $59.00 US. You can try it for free for
30 days. Download qCenter version 4.17 from http://www.quotelf.com/
You will need downloader 8.01 to use it with intraday data. The data
is stored in intrady.txt in the downloader folder in equis. Once the
data is downloaded you use the Downloader convert tool to create the
database entries.

But, I am having a problem with this. I am using MetaStock EOD v7.01
and I can not view the data once it is in the database. The data was
downloaded, I looked in the .txt file and it was there. The data
seems to be in the database after the convert because Downloader
shows the data when I use open to view the contents of the security
I just converted. The data is in intraday format and seems fine to
me. But MetaStock will not chart the data. When I try to open the
security, the security does not show up in the folder on open, even
though it showed us using Downloader.

I can not figure out is why Meatstock EOD V7.01 will not recognize
the database entry. If v7.01 does not support intraday data, that
would explain the problem I am having. If V7.01 is supposed to
support intraday data then qCenter has a problem.

Can anyone tell me if MetaStock V7.01 supports intraday data? If
MetaStock will display the data then we have a way to chart intraday
data. AND if anyone gets this to work please post how you got it to
work.
Thanks,
Barry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM