RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] FW: How to filter out erratic stocks?

  size=2 color=navy face=Arial>Roy<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>,

face=Arial>That&#8217;s
terrific, it works like a charm.  That
Sum function is one I&#8217;ll have to remember &#8211; great for checking
whether something has happened at all over a number of periods.

face=Arial>Thanks
very much.

face=Arial>Barry

face=Arial>

lang=EN-US >-----Original
Message-----
From: Roy Larsen
[mailto:rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent<span
>: <st1:date Month="6" Day="20"
Year="2003">Friday, 20 June 2003<font
size=2 face=Tahoma> <font
 size=2 face=Tahoma>3:28 PM<font size=2
face=Tahoma>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock
Group] FW: How to filter out erratic stocks?

face="Times New Roman">

face="Courier New">Barry<font
size=2 face="Courier New">

This should do it. Test it as an indicator first.

Sum(L<Ref(HHV(H,10),-1)*0.9,100)>0;

  >Roy<font
size=2 face="Courier New">

> I use EOD data, and I use Explorer to locate
stocks that are trending
> up. I currently have to then eliminate stocks
that are too prone to
> sudden large falls by eye-balling the charts.
It seems to me that I
> should be able to automate this.
>
> Specifically, I would like to filter out any
share that recorded a daily
> low that was more than 10% lower than the
highest high in the preceding
> 10 days, and this event occurred at any time
during the most recent 100
> days.
>
> I would value either a filter formula, or
ideas on how to create one.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Barry

face="Courier New">To unsubscribe from this
group, send an email to:<span

Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of Service.