[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to make a Backup copy of Metastock CD?

I actually use a series of tools purchased by the company I work
for. They are made by AZ-Tech Software Inc.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "goose999244"

<no_reply@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > If you back up only the files on your HD and your CD becomes
> damaged
> > you are out of luck. The Metastock CD is heavily encrypted. A
> simple
> > cd copier will not work. The copy will not function and it will
> > certainly not pass the 90 day cd check.
> >
> > The only way I have been succesfull in backing up my copy is to
> use
> > sophisticated backup software that I use in my work. It reads
the
> cd
> > bit by bit and takes about 3.5 hours just to read the encrypted
> > Metastock cd. The duplication process has intentionally written
> > errors to the cd as part of the copy protection and it takes a
> long
> > while to read it with the best software. My burner reads at over
> 48X
> > as well.
> >
> > Bottom line is it can de done. It's a shame that Equis has
chosen
> > this method of protection as it is worthless to the
hacker/cracker

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM