Re: [Metastockusers] Re: the built in MACD indicator

Henry

In fact the values that MetaStock uses for MACD, at least in my 7.03, are
not exactly the 12/26 periods that you would expect. The explains that the
EMA's are based on factors of 0.150 and 0.075 rather than values of 2/13 and
2/27 that you would expect. I think the decimal values equate to 12.3333 and
25.6667 periods but since MS will not accept these values in a standard EMA
these values are not relevant.

The forwarded post following this may explain the differences better
although the code presented in it is to calculate the CLOSE required to give
an MACD/signal cross. The signal concerned is a standard 9 period EMA (of
the slightly non-standard MACD)

Roy