RE: [Metastockusers] Re: MACD vs. True Strength Index/Ergodic Oscillaotor

>How do you
feel it compares to the classic MACD?

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry Z Kaczmarczyk
[mailto:henry1224@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 10:49
PM
To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Metastockusers] Re: MACD
vs. True Strength Index/Ergodic Oscillaotor

>--- In
Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Henry Z Kaczmarczyk" <font
size=2 color=black face="Courier New">
<henry1224@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <uhehs@xxxx> wrote:
> > [from April's Activetrader magazine]
> >
> > 100*[{EMA2(EMA1(mtm))}/{EMA2(EMA1(|mtm|))}]
> >
> > where:
> > mtm = one day momentum
> > |mtm| = absolute value of one day momentum
> > EMA1 = longer term EMA [60 bars, for example]
> > EMA2 = shorter term EMA [5 bars, for example]
> >
> > Any criticisms on this?
>
> here is your indicator
>
> MTM:=C-Ref(C,-1);
> A1:=100*(Mov(Mov(MTM,5,E),60,E)/ Mov(Mov(Abs(MTM),5,E),60,E));
> A1;
>
> I think it is a little choppy in a sideways market
>
> Henry

If you smooth the indicator, you get a smoother indicator but still
it still has trouble in choppy markets, so compare it with an ADX
set to 15 periods and look for divergences between the peaks and
valleys

face="Courier New">To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<font
size=2 color=black face="Courier New">
Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

>Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!