Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Parabolic SAR formula

Hi Ugur:

I've got Wilder's book but can't locate it right now.  If I remember right I once tried to post this formula but it is not so much formula as it is logic and it is quite extensive so I gave up.  If I find the book I may copy the 4 or 5 pages that explains it and see if I can create a Word document.

>From my memory, your first position is either long or short, doesn't make any difference because you never enter the first one.  The initial stop position is at a reasonable distance from entry, and then accelerates with each trading day, if, the positions goes in your direction, if not, it stays the same.  It is not a straight trailing stop, but has an acceleration factor.  Within MetaStock, that is the step (acceleration factor) and the maximum (accelerator) parameters.

If you are using MetaStock's SAR, keep in mind that you disregard the first trade and it may do well to disregard the first couple until it gets "locked" into its directional Stop and Reverse mode.

Jay

Ugur wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to find the formula for Parabolic SAR. I used to have the wilder's book and don't want to buy it again for one formula. I have checked the past messages on group's website but none of them have the original formula neither the websites mentioned in there have it. Could anyone please let me know if they have the formula.

Thanks,

Ugur

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor