[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Referencing the most recent occurrence

<timinwaedi@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest how I can reference the price at which a the
> most
> > recent occurrence of a long entry took place. I need to know this
> > price in order to define a stop loss or stop profit exit.
> >
> > Would be grateful for any input
> >
> > Tim
>
> Tim, if this is for the System Tester then this should work:
>
> stop:={stop value};
> profit:={stop value};
> Trade:=ValueWhen(1,{your long entry formula here},C);
>
> (trade*(1-stop))>=c
> OR
> (trade*(1+profit))<=c
>
> If for an Expert, then you will need more.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for you input. There seems to be very little information or
coding examples illustrating the practical uses of the valuewhen
function in the Metastock handbook. If you come across any other
coding examples, please let me know.

Regards,

Tim

Get A Free Psychic Reading!