[Metastockusers] Re: Tester question

Hi Roy,

Thanks a lot. I checked that and it works fine. But here is the
question: Now, using your shifting, the equity curve is correct but
the signals in explorer are received one day after they are
generated. Because if 0 bar is today then the signal on the open will
be generated one day late. I just run the tester and an exploration
for a date I know the signal was generated. Your method gave the
correct backtest but a signal was not generated for next open. In
other words, you need a different formula for the tested and the
explorer for the same system to produce compatible results. Beyond
that, you may not even be getting the right signal timming if your
are using the formula that's good for the tester only.

We got a serious problem here, I mean Metastock's got one.

Joe

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> I have 7.03 EOD and this certainly seems to be the way it works.
>
> I think a work-around for this would be to change your entry code to
> Ref("entry code",-1) and at the same time change the System Tester
to zero
> delay. the effect of the two changes is that the timing of your
signal stays
> the same but the System Tester doesn't not assume an overlap and
inhibit the
> trade entry as a result. I have not tested this recently but I'm
aware that
> the treatment of delays is one of the reasons my Trade Equity can
produce
> different results.
>
> Roy

Get A Free Psychic Reading!