[Metastockusers] Re: New file uploaded to Metastockusers

Any good virus checker (Notron et al) will pick up virus within a zip
file...in fact the virus checking can be scannd upto 3 levels of
compression...and so if you use good virus checker then you will be
safe...

Safest bet would be unplug your modem line....

anil

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JayTownsend@xxxx wrote:
> Hi Roy:
>
> It is that I'm just very skeptical when it comes to downloading ZIP
files,
> even from a group site.  I belong to other Yahoo groups where there
have been
> ZIP files uploaded with viruses.  What bothered me about this one
is that
> when I entered the URL for the file, I wasn't taken to the URL but
was given
> a choice by Windows downloader to either download, open or cancel
some file.
> There was never an opportunity to look at the file or to allow a
virus scan.
> Before downloading I would much rather see a Readme file or other
file about
> what the ZIP file does and also be able to do a virus scan to do
it.  It's
> not a problem, I just won't download it.
>
> Jay
>
> Roy wrote:
>
> Jay
>
> Perhaps I should have chosen to advise that the text file with
installation
> instructions, including zip file contents, had been uploaded.
Ticking the

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/zMEolB/TM