Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] v8 System Tester Issues and how to fix.

From: "bex1210" <hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] v8 System Tester Issues and how to fix.

> But I am not clear on two points:
>
> First, why can't you just change the % of Equity to less than 100 (say
95)? Unless some stock skyrockets from close to next day open, that should
get around the problem when the program uses the next day's open price to
buy long. This doesn't overcome the basic logic flaw, but it should be
reasonably consistant from analysis to analysis.

If you change to 95% of equity, the only thing that changes is that it tries
to use 95% of the equity, not 100%.   All the problems stay the same.   It
reserves 5% and will not attempt to use that to buy shares.

> Second, you said:
>
> >>First, don't use "Realistic Market Prices".
> >>Make sure your "Position Limit" is set to 1.
> >>Set Equity Default size to 100%.
> >>Under Margin Requirements to
> >>Long Initial = 100%---
>
> From reading some of your information, I assume Long Initial=100% means NO
margin?
Correct!

If so, why not set to 150% or 200%? Or would Metastock use the 200% number
to buy twice as much stock?

Yes, answer is same as #1.  It would use the 200% number and try to buy
twice as much stock.

> Third, do you think lots of E-mail to Equis would make any difference? I
am new to the program, but from reading other notes on these forums, it
appears like they move at a snail's pace (for example, I can't understand
why Metastock forces me to remember what stock is in what directory, when
other programs make this "transparent" to the user).

Equis is generally a good company.  I have always had good responses to
suport questions,.  They did the right thing in 8.01 when the put in the
Security function because the "P" variable  would not work in 8.0.  I have
to assume that they will do the rifght thing  again if their customers let
them know that they are not happy and they need to make changes on this
issue.  So yes, give it a shot.  It can't hurt.  Potential loss of future
revenue is a stong motivator.

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!