Re: [Metastockusers] BINARY WAVE COMPOSITE

Debra Ann

It is quite easy to set up a "sort of" binary wave that assigns different
values to the different conditions. This could be rather confusing with
negative numbers but I've used the following format to help quickly identify
which signals were true.

If(condition "A",1,0)+
If(condition "B",2,0)+
If(condition "C",4,0)+
If(condition "D",8,0);

The possible results are 0 through 15.

In the example above a summed value of 10 tells us that conditions B and D
are true. A value of 3 results from A and B. Once beyond four components the
mental maths gets a little harder.

Roy

> On page 289 of the 8.0 MetaStock manual, a composite Binary Wave is
> listed.
> Is there a way of distinguishing each wave from the other so when the
> wave is generated at 1, 2, or 3, you would be able to tell which
> indicator was not in agreement with the other three.  Or if only 1 is
> +/-1 which indicator that would be?
> Could something be color coded or named or a number assigned to each
> indicator to reflect its identity?
> If this is possible, would someone please write the additional lines
> necessary to accomplish this goal?
>
> Thank you very much.
> Debra Ann

Rent DVDs from home.