RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Indicator Settings and Colors

Hi
there,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
In
answer to your queries below:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
1.
Only way I know would be to create a template in histogram
format.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>2. For years I wanted to be able to conditionally colour my
indicators but thought it couldn't be done in Metastock. But I was wrong -
it can be done! Some kind sole posted some code on this site a few months
ago. You need to write a conditional formula and then save in a template so
that the colours are saved for future use. The code to colour your
Volume Indicator bars Green if Volume greater than yesterday or Red if
less than yestereday is as follows:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Name:
Volume Colour Study (or whatever name you prefer)
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Formula: (Insert the undermentioned code in the Formula box for creating
a new indicator)
X:= V
> Ref(V,-1);Green:= If(X = True,V,0);Red:= If(X =
False,V,0);Green;Red;
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
When
you plot this indicator, you will need to select the individual lines and choose
the colour as stated in the code above and also change the line to an histogram
in the same dialogue box. Then save the chart as a template.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Here
is another example which I use and highlights Volume days when above 1.33 * 20
SMA:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
X:= V
> Mov(V,20,S) * 1.33;Green:= If(X = True,V,0);Red:= If(X =
False,V,0);Blue:= Mov(V,20,S);Green;Red;Blue;
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Obviously, you should leave the Simple Moving Average as a line not an
Historgram.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Hope
the above helps to open a more colourful world of technical analysis for you
with Metastock. I use EOD Version 8.01 but I think the above will work with
earlier versions.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dsss27
  [mailto:dsss27@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, 3 May 2003 8:23
  a.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Indicator Settings and
  ColorsHi,2 questions from a new
  user:1.  I normally view the MACD-Historgram as a
  histogram.  When I program it, it always displays it as a line, where
  I have to go into it the graph and select histogram.  Anyway to code
  this in the formula so I don't have to do this?2.  I have a
  simple binary wave program that tells me if the volume bar is higher or
  lower from the previous day.  I would like to not use the binary wave
  and have the color of the volume bar turn green if higher and red if lower
  that the previous bar.  Eventually I would like to do it with
  histogram plots.  Anyway to program this in the
  formulae?Thanks in advance,dsss27To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor