Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Indicator Settings and Colors

In a message dated 5/2/2003 1:27:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, dsss27@xxxxxxxxx writes:

There may be several ways to do the following, but here is a way for each.

Hi,

2 questions from a new user:

1.  I normally view the MACD-Historgram as a histogram.  When I
program it, it always displays it as a line, where I have to go into
it the graph and select histogram.  Anyway to code this in the
formula so I don't have to do this?

Set your histogram and whatever else you want on the chart and save it as a template.  Then when you want the MACD histogram either open your files as a template or apply the template to the open chart.

2.  I have a simple binary wave program that tells me if the volume
bar is higher or lower from the previous day.  I would like to not
use the binary wave and have the color of the volume bar turn green
if higher and red if lower that the previous bar.  Eventually I
would like to do it with histogram plots.  Anyway to program this in
the formulae?

You can do something like this with an Expert Advisor.  In the Expert Advisor under Highlights, go to New and define your condition and color.  This will color your Price Bar only, not the volume.  I don't know how to color the volume.  The downside is that you can only have one Expert Advisor attached at a time.

Jay

Thanks in advance,
dsss27

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor