RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Back Test

The Paritech Manual and <font
 size=2 color=navy face=Arial>C<span
>D are good if not a
little basic. The <span
 >C<font
size=2 color=navy face=Arial>D has Lotus Screencam&#8217;s (like a movie of the screen with
voice overs) showing the use of Metastock techniques. The System Builder
lessons for example show where to put the formula, running the test and
reviewing results. The manual provides some further information so together
they are a nice intro. <span
 >Stuart McPhee<font
size=2 color=navy face=Arial> and David Jenyns produce a product called Metastock Programming Study
Guide (C<font size=2 color=navy
face=Arial>D and
Manual) which go further in focusing on the Metastock formula language and trading
plans. In my opinion, once the Metastock features are mastered the next major learning
curve is to understand how to translate the elements from your trading plan
into the Metastock formula language and to use this in the System Test and then
in daily indicators (templates, layouts or indicators). Stuart&#8217;s stuff is
goaled this way and, although easy to understand, goes further into the
language. Naturally your trading plan is made up of tools you may have acquired
from studying tech analysis stuff available widely in the market.

I can recommend both products and a lot of
focused trial and error.

lang=EN-US >-----Original
Message-----