Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Transferring data between v7.2 and v8.0

Jay - thanks - the metastock to metastock didn't work - but on the old PC
I converted all metastock to Ascii, and on the new version I downloaded
the ascii to metastock.

As someone mentioned thanks to all for the help this site provides - as
newbies we are more takers than givers!

Cheers, Salim

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JayTownsend@xxxx wrote:
> <<I know there are issues if data is from v8.0 going back to v7.2 but
is
> there a problem moving it to a newer version.
>
> If yes, how do I move data from v7.2 to v8.0 PC ?>>
>
> If there are issues moving data from 8.0 to 7.2 I would imagine that
the same
> would apply from 7.2 to 8.0.  When you upgrade there are generally
utilities
> within the upgrade that convert all your formulas, explorations, files,
etc.,
> to the new version that are not inherent in the new one.  What I
would
> suggest is to use The Downloader and "convert" your 7.2 data
from "MetaStock"
> to "MetaStock" and see if the conversion works.
>
> Jay

Get A Free Psychic Reading!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/BefplB/TM