RE: [Metastockusers] Exploration RSI(14) Problems

  >Roy<font
size=2 face=Arial> and <font
 size=2 face=Arial>Preston<font
size=2 face=Arial>,

big thanks to both of you, but thanks also to everyone else who tried to help
me with this problem. It is resolved by deselecting the load minimum records
option. I never knew about this and given that all the false positive examples
I came across were for shares that had traded for at least a year, I never
would have thought that the graphical representation could have been so affected
by smoothing. In the end I could see in the exploration report for my examples
that the 5 days of RSI values did cross the 30 line, but the graph showed
clearly that the line was not crossed. To say I am shocked is an
understatement. I don&#8217;t want to think about all the other explorations
that I have run that would have also been affected in this way.

                        Well
having demonstrated my meager understanding of MS, I might as well go all the
way and ask whether this is covered in the User&#8217;s Manual because I cannot
remember seeing it or if I did I clearly did not appreciate its significance?
More importantly is there a list that I can access that tells me which
Explorations are so affected or should I always leave my option set at say 100
to 500 records? And if I do what happens to shares that have only traded for
say 10 weeks? Are they excluded (I could live with this if they are)?

                        The
other query I have is to ask whether there is a compendium somewhere of tips
and tricks when using Metastock Explorations and System Tests etc. If there is
I would really welcome knowing about it.

can live with feeling silly but I hope that I have not wasted people&#8217;s
time in raising this problem. Again thanks to those who offered help and to <font
  size=2 face=Arial>Roy<font
size=2 face=Arial> and <font
 size=2 face=Arial>Preston<font
size=2 face=Arial> for