From: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, April 21, 2003 22:31:23
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: data from the net

There is another downloader that pumps data from Yahoo! Finance:
http://www.msfeed.com. The same problem with quotes being late, but
cheaper, though... They have trial version too...

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dan damyanoff" <itrade@xxxx>
wrote:
> I have tried every downloader and there is a big problem with all of
> them.  It's not the programs, they all worked well.
> It is the net/web sites.  They are slow to update and what happens
is
> that you usually get all the data, except the current
> day update.
>
> So you have a complete record, but it is always a day late and that
is
> not acceptable in any kind of trading.  I have contacted
> the authors and they have all confirmed it.  So in the end, you will
> have to pay if you want current info, up-to-date for trading
> purposes.  Reuters is one example.  You get what you pay for -
> unfortunately.

__
> ________

is

<reddragn@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >> I just signed on to search for information on how to get data
from
> >> the net. In the files section I found and downloaded the
> >> metaquote114.zip file. Before I unzip and install it, I'd like
> >> know what data sources members can recommend. My husband and I
are
> >> primarily interested in end of day data for commodities and some
> >> stock indices but not individual stocks. What are some of the
best
> >> places to get data?
> >> Julie Alexander
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=250099.3088638.4504503.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17
05
> 375617:HM/A=1546002/R=0/*http:/ads.track-star.com/linker.ts?
ts=1;2;315;1
> 5_1_48>
>

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=250099.3088638.4504503.1728375/D=egrou
> pmail/S=:HM/A=1546002/rand=341940954>

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/BefplB/TM