[Metastockusers] Re: Historical Data CD

I think the Equis CD only has 5 years of historical data (at least that is all that is on the CD they send with version 8.0). Depending on what you need, and what you want to pay, you might try Momemtum. For $50 they have a CD which contains all US stocks since 1/87, as well as about 1000 mutual funds, 100 or so indexes, and various other types of data. Comes in either Metastock format or comma delimited ASCII. Data has been adjusted for stock dividends and splits.

Or you could get something like Metaquote ($99), which will download from free data suppliers like Yahoo direct to your Metastock datafiles. You can also get Canadian and some overseas stocks this way. I don't know how far back their data goes: I recently downloaded many US and Canadian stocks from 1/1/91. This historical data has also been adjusted for dividends and splits.

Harry

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "bce111" <bce111@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm selling MetaStock 7.0 Pro for eSignal which I never opened or
> used. Someone's asking me about the data CD. Does anyone know how far
> back the data on the Historical CD goes? Also was wondering where
> some
> good sources for historical data at a reasonable cost can be located.
> Thanks very much

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/zMEolB/TM