RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Vola Stop

Hi
Johannes,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Not
sure if this will help, but I sometimes use a "Chandelier Stop" to match
the volatility of the market. I think I picked up on the idea from Nick Radge at
www.reefcap.com (a good site for trading
ideas). The concept is that you measure the ATR for whatever lookback is
suitable to you and then deduct this value (multiplied by a factor - 2 or 4 say)
from the highest high (for long trades) since the entry price. This will give
you your trailing stop.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I tend
to code using different software so I leave it to others to transcribe the above
into 'Metaspeak'.

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Johannes
  Pressler [mailto:jopr2003@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, 9 April 2003
  9:21 p.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Vola Stop
  Dear MS-Users,
  is there any possibility to let the volatility define the Stop Loss or
  Trailing Stop ? If the Vola is high and there is a trend f.e. I would
  like to put the Trailing Stop not too close to the actual rate, if the Vola is
  low, the Stop should be closer.
  Thank you for all answers and regards, jopr

  Gesendet von <A
  href="">http://mail.yahoo.de.<A
  href="">Privatkredit
  der DiBA: Günstige 7,5% Zinsen. Die Alternative zum Dispo und genauso
  flexibel! To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor