[Metastockusers] Cumming's 4MACD for MetaStock

Hi Hal,

Here is how I construct my MetaStock version of
Robert Cumming's 4MACD.  Again the multipliers for MACDBlue and MACDYellow
are necessary for MetaStock I believe because of the differences in the way
TC-2000 and MetaStock handle the MACD function and differences in the way they
scale charts.

Each stock has a different multiplier, but I have
found the below settings to work well enough for most stocks in general. If
you want a perfect match with the TC-2000 version you have to play with the
yellow and blue multipliers.

Below are the formulas for 4 different MACD
indicators (MACDBlue, MACDRed, MACDYellow, and MACDGreen).  Each should be
saved to a different indicator via MetaStock's Indicator Builder.  You
should be able to copy and paste into Indicator Builder from this e-mail.
Once you have all four indicators installed, grab the MACDBlue indicator and
place it into a new window on a chart.  Then change its color to
blue.  Leave it as a line graph for now (very important).  Then
grab and drop MACDRed into the same window and change its color to red.
Again leave it as a line graph (very important).  Then grab and
drop MACDYellow into the same window and change its color to yellow.  Again
leave it as a line function (very important).  It MetaStock asks you
about scaling tell it to use the same scaling on the right.  Then grab and
drop MACDGreen into the same window and change its color to green.  Now
right click on the blue line and select MACDBlue properties.  Now change it
to a histogram and select the second thickness.  Do the same procedure for
MACDRed, MACDYellow and MACDGreen in that order (very important).
That should set it up.

Jim

MACDBlue (The Blue Cumming's 4MACD
Histogram)

4.3*((Mov(C,17,E)-Mov(
C,14,E))-Mov((Mov(C,17,E)-Mov(C,14,E)),5,E ))

MACDRed (The Red Cumming's MACD
Histogram)

(Mov(C,17,E)-Mov(
C,8,E))-Mov((Mov(C,17,E)-Mov(C,8,E)),5,E )

MACDYellow (The Yellow Cumming's 4MACD
Histogram)

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>1.4*((Mov(C,10,E)-Mov(C,16,E))-Mov((Mov(C,10,E)-Mov(C,16,E)),5,E
))

MACDGreen (The Green Cumming's 4MACD
Histogram)

(Mov(C,5,E)-Mov(
C,10,E))-Mov((Mov(C,5,E)-Mov(C,10,E)),5,E )

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor