[Metastockusers] Re: indicators in metastock

Thanks Again Roy

      you answered all the questions that I had. I really appreciate
your help!

Thanks

Tom

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> If you use a number of different period values for your formulas
then the
> only way I can think of is to create the required number of copies
giving
> each one a name that ends with the periods value, change the
default values,
> then use the Fml() function to call the appropriate copy of 'ADX
Raw' for
> your exploration indicator or system test.
>
> {example}
> Fml("ADX Raw 11")>25 AND Fml("ADX Raw 14")>21 AND Fml("ADX Raw 18")
>18;
>
> Roy

TASC}
> > >   {ADX Raw}
> > > Periods:= Input("Enter time periods",1,100,14);
> > > PlusDM:= If(HIGH>Ref(HIGH,-1) AND
> > > If(HIGH>Ref(HIGH,-1) AND LOW<Ref(LOW,-1)
> > > AND HIGH-Ref(HIGH,-1)>Ref(LOW,-1)-LOW,
> > > HIGH-Ref(HIGH,-1), 0));
> > > DIPlus:= 100 * Wilders(PlusDM,Periods) /
> > > ATR(Periods);
> > > MinusDM:= If(LOW<Ref(LOW,-1) AND
> > > HIGH<=Ref(HIGH,-1), Ref(LOW,-1)-LOW,
> > > If(HIGH>Ref(HIGH,-1) AND LOW<Ref(LOW,-1)
> > > AND HIGH-Ref(HIGH,-1)<Ref(LOW,-1)-LOW,
> > > Ref(LOW,-1)-LOW, 0));
> > > DIMinus:= 100 * Wilders(MinusDM,Periods) /
> > > ATR(Periods);
> > > DIDif:= Abs(DIPlus - DIMinus);
> > > DISum:= DIPlus + DIMinus;
> > > ADXRaw:= 100 * Wilders(DIDif/DISum, Periods);
> > > ADXRaw;
> > > {end of indicator}
> > >
> > > Change "ADXRaw" to "Prec(ADXRaw,2)" to get only two decomal
places.

> > > Roy

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/zMEolB/TM