[Metastockusers] Befriend the Trend

  I found this on siliconinvestor/stocktalk/Befriend the Trend

Trading.  Any ideas on incorporating this into MetaStock.

DarvasDarvas,
I like your system particularly because the rules are clear.

if marketPosition > 0 then begin
...if L < entryPrice * .95 then exitLong at market;
...if barsSinceEntry = 3 then exitLong at open;
end;

It's a bit more tedious than that because there's exceptions {bugs}
and that's just the exit but it's the exit that interests me.

Here's what I've heard:

var: trendUp(false), top(0), bottom(0), pyramid(false), shadow(0);

if h > highest(h,250) then trendUp=true;

if trendUp=true then begin
...if marketPosition=0 then buy next bar at open;
...if h > highest(h,3) then pyramid=true else pyramid=false;
...if h > highest(h,3) then top = h;
...if h < highest(h,3) and L < lowest(L,3) then bottom=L; {bug}
...shadow = .95 * bottom;
...if L < shadow then trendUp=false; {?}
end;

if marketPosition > 0 then begin
...if trendUp=true and pyramid=true then buy next bar at open;
...if L < shadow then exitLong stop at shadow;
...if trendUp=false then exitLong at market:
end;

                              Thanks,

                                  Dave

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/zMEolB/TM