Re: [Metastockusers] RE: 3rd Friday

Dominick

The one from Jol picked up the 4th Friday every fourth month or so. Because
the DayofMonth()'s used were different between the two suggestions it seemed
logical that only one could be correct. By plotting both in the same
indicator and dropping the indicator onto a 1250 bar EOD chart it was clear
that the signals only coincided about three quarters of the time. The 3rd
occurrence of any day in the month must be between the 15th (>14) and the
21st (<22). Drop this test indicator onto any chart (unscaled) and the
difference should be apparent.

  {Test Indicator}
(DayOfMonth()>17 AND
DayOfMonth()<25 AND
DayOfWeek()=5)+1.25;

DayOfWeek()=5 AND
DayOfMonth()>14 AND
DayOfMonth()<22;

By way of explanation, my comment was not a dig at Jol. Anyone who offers
help of any sort is to be appreciated. Sadly I've learnt from my own
experience that it pays to check code before going public. My first thoughts
are often off the mark. Keep up the good work Jol.

Roy