[EquisMetaStock Group] Importing systems from previous versions

I'm running MetaStock version 8 and have tried to import several
systems, indicators, etc. created by earlier versions.  I don't get a
warning or an error message, so MS seems to find and accept the older
files.  It imports the systems and then starts to verify them.  It
then sits there looking stupid for at least an hour before I give
up.  I'm running a 3ghz PC with 1gb of memory, so resources shouldn't
be an issue.  Any assistance would be appreciated.