Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Does anyone know how is calculated Mov(C,13,VOL) ??

Thanks for your attention.

I've read this text in the help when I post the message.
The point is: I did what is written but I didn't get the same result.
I don't know what I am missing.

Thanks.
Marcio.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ron <ronber@xxxx> wrote:
> A volume adjusted moving average is calculated as follows:
>
> 1.    Calculate the average volume using every time period in the
chart.
> 2.    Calculate the volume increment by multiplying the average
volume
> by 0.67.
> 3.    Calculate each period's volume ratio by dividing each
period's
> actual volume by the volume increment.
> 4.    Starting at the most recent time period and working
backwards,
> multiply each period's price by the period's volume ratio and
> cumulatively sum these values until the user-specified number of
volume
> increments is reached.  Note that only a fraction of the last
period's
> volume will likely be used.
>
> achaiah_poa wrote:
>
> > I've read the help in Metastock and I've tried to make the same
> > calculation as Mov(C,13,VOL) in a excel spreadsheet. I didn't
achieve
> > the results of Metastock for this "volume adjusted moving
average".

> > Does anyone know how is Metastock calculations ??
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Marcio.
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243376.2803712.4220031.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=17
05375617:HM/A=1414910/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N879.ameritr
ade.yahoo/B1054521.29;sz=300x250;adc=zhs;ord=1045500019066710?>

Service