Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: [Metastockusers] Elliot Wave Suggestion

Hi Eugene,

A pattern is a sequence of price movements that repeats itself over time. The 8 waves pattern from Elliott is the basis of his theory. When you use a technical indicator like relative momentum indes or RSI, the indicator measures a specific behaviour of the price. Elliott uses the price in the same way but directly. As to the second part of your question, I have tests on a multitude of data but the intent of my intervention is not to prove Elliott over anything else. I believe every trader must work with what he understands and masters best and he must be comfortable with it in terms of use and confidence.

Those that don't use zigzag should speak for themselves; they use forward data (incoming) and match each piece of complete information to a definition and build on from there. This is why you need to wait for signal confirmation in many of them. I am glad you like the pictures but the goal is to attempt to forecast price direction, strength and time knowing history repeats itself.

What I liked about your work was that it fits very well with the Elliott methodology although you obviously did not write it for that purpose. I don't want to tire this group with my ramblings about Elliott, so those interested can write to me directly.

Regards,
Robert