RE: [Metastockusers] Elliot Wave Analyzer III, Your Opinion Needed...

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Russell:
The training manual
sounds interesting.Is there a version that would be suitable for <FONT
face=Tahoma> Elliot Wave Analyzer III?
AUS $10K is roughly
US
$6.5K, A bit steep.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
US $89 might be
better. Metastock plugins have been a bit disappointing to users that have
expressed their opinions.  Is this pluggin better?

<SPAN
class=580520804-15022003>Regards
<SPAN
class=580520804-15022003>
<SPAN
class=580520804-15022003>Lionel

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: d2dax
[mailto:ttoldob1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 9:29
PMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[Metastockusers] Elliot Wave Analyzer III, Your Opinion
Needed...
Tony,

Value is in the eye of the
beholder.

The software was originally sold as the
primary "grey box, secret part" of a "newbies" training package.

The package consisited of Metastock
software, the Elliott Turning Point Indicator, and I think it was, a 6, or 8
session training course.  The price, from memory was, AUS
$10K.

To the people (woodies) the
company signed up, in the halycon, bull market pre 2001 days, naturally it
appeared to be the holy grail.  "Easy peasy"  When they discovered it
wasn't, I believe the company fell over.

I didn't do the course, as I got my copy
direct from the programmer, prior to him selling the rights to the
aforementioned company. It's dead easy to use once you have set up the
count parameters for what ever equity you are trading. This is what
takes the time. It's got a few bells and whistles, alerts etc. Its easy to use,
but the crux is you need to do the work.

The programme was written by a retired
mathamatican, who spent his working life as a weather
forecaster.

I don't know who has the rights to the
product now and I have no vested interest to
push.

I first used it when I entered
a trading competition run by the local exchange 18 months ago.  I
achieved a 38% return in 8 weeks and finished 7th out of 900 entrants,
being the only entrant in the first 10 who was trading EOD
only.

regards

Russell

<BLOCKQUOTE

  $89 worth's of software....is it value for money? is it easy to
  use?
  <FONT face=&#26032;&#32048;&#26126;&#39636; color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=&#26032;&#32048;&#26126;&#39636; color=#0000ff
  size=2>Tony

    [mailto:ttoldob1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003
    2:29 AMTo: <A
    href="">Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
    Re: [Metastockusers] Elliot Wave Analyzer III, Your Opinion
    Needed...
    G,day Pete,

    Yes, I have, and use the
    indicator. Works well for me.

    As I said you really need to do the
    work in finding the number series for the individual stocks, and watch out
    for when, and if, it jumps out of sequence. Can't answer as to whether
    it will work with MS 8.0, as have not bothered to upgrade from
    7.02.

    Russell