Re: [Metastockusers] That does it!

Lionel:

I completely agree with what you posted.  MetaStock is an excellent charting program, but beyond that it has loads of shortcomings.  It is NOT an analysis program, yet is is purpoted to be so.  Though Equis support does a good job of assisting users with issues that are simply "how to" problems, they have little interest in user input regarding functionality or direction.  Or, as in the case of when I pointed out to Equis support that my version 8.0 EOD arrived with a manual for The Downloader that is a version 7.0 (printed right inside) they responded essentially with "what's wrong with that?"  Price wise?  Well, I think that all software has to evolve with the operating systems, that's part of the price of owning and doing work on a computer.  And putting it in perspective, about 25 years ago I got the cheapest charting program I could find for my Apple IIe at about $900.  If I remember right, I think that handled moving averages, and nothing more.  Added to that, you had to input your data manually, no downloads or uploads.  The nearest charting comptetitors were in the $1500 to $2000 price range.  And if I remember right, $800 or $900 was about what I paid for my very simple spread sheet at the same time for that whopping 64K memory machine.  (The fact that the Apple II and IIe could run a spread sheat, first personal computer to do so, is what drove Apple sales.)

It's all relative.  If you really want to make money, you're going to have to spend a little.

Jay

Lionel's message:

Gary:
On the Metastock Listserver there have been episodes of bashing Metastock. While it has its good points, it has many shortcomings.
It is frustrating using a program that has good features and then to be let down by its inadequacies. Equis and their overlords Reuters are simply not interested in making Metastock a world-beater. Most of the add-ons are expensive and inadequate, the formula language is too limited and the database system archaic. Reuters probably bought Equis to use Metastock as a come-on for their data service. Reuters doesn't seem to realize that there are many other data services that are better than Reuters. Some of them are free.

So don't get upset with the critics of Metastock. They are Equis' best friends. Its unfortunate that the high priced help at Equis rarely listen to them.

Lionel

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor