[EquisMetaStock Group] Is optimizing bullshit?

Is optimizing bullshit?

I have made systems which perform quite well, but when i try them on
multiple stocks the results sometimes change from positive to
negative.

If i optimize i can get a positive result on this security, but my
question is do these optimizing values hold for future signals, I
think they dont as they simply fit the test data not the future data
which offers endless possibilities.

so is it useless to optimize?

 toni