RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re:Creating a Date function

to disclose your email address to the group.  Please use this
page to reply.

<SPAN
class=860303121-31012003>Roy,
<SPAN
class=860303121-31012003>
I am
using Metastock EOD Version 8.

Your
beta code below WORKS!!! Very well done and thank you so much. I hope this Group
appreciates the support and assistance that members like your goodself offer so
generously. For the record, I enclose the final gif file which shows that the
dates are now within the 65 day lookback and more importantly are exactly
correct. Now if only Metastock offered more than 6 Columns in the Explorer
results...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
If
Equis gives me a response of consequence then I will share this with the Group
but in the meantime you have solved my problem. Thanks once again
Roy.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Have a
great weekend.

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Roy Larsen
  [mailto:rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, 31 January 2003 2:00
  p.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Re:Creating a Date
  functionGordonI believe I've found the logic
  mistake. Introducing LastValue() makes surethat the check for a match is
  confined to the last 65 bars. I think thelikely hood of the "single digit
  precision" error cropping up again isunlikely as long as you stick with
  the 2 digit year. I'm not saying thiscode is perfect for what you need but
  it is after all only an attempt topoint you in the right direction. There
  aren't too many people around thatcan even get their own code working
  properly first time, so regard this asan improved prototype rather than
  the production model.Don't attempt to use this code in the system
  tester - LastValue() has veryfew applications when back-testing system
  code, and this isn't one of
  them.D:=ValueWhen(1,LastValue(LLV(C,65))=C,
  DayOfMonth());M:=ValueWhen(1,LastValue(LLV(C,65))=C,Month());Y:=ValueWhen(1,LastValue(LLV(C,65))=C,Year());D*10000+M*100+Int(Frac(Y/100)*100.01);RoyTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor