Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Adjusting parameters with volatility

Juan,
First problem that we are going to run into is putting the volatility
indicator into the stoch format.
The metastock call for the stoch is:
Stoch(%kPeriods , %kSlowing)
This is the short form for the following formula:
(sum(close - LLV(L,5),4) / sum(HHV(H,5) - LLV(L,5), 4)) * 100
Where 5 is the %k periods and 4 is the %k slowing
In order to develop a stoch of  volatility we will need to input its
values into the formula.
We can do this by using the following:

Periods:=Input("periods",1,250,4);
X:=Vol(Periods,Periods);
(sum(X - LLV(X,5),4) / sum(HHV(X,5) - LLV(X,5), 4)) * 100

Is this more like what you had in mind?

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "emarco" <emarco@xxxx> wrote:
> thanks
>
> ok, let's use
>
> X:=Vol(MA Periods, ROC Periods)*Y
>
> I use very often......it;s really good for filtering blips......
>
> the stoch is the oscilator i would use....
>
> Z:=stoch(X,4)
>
> After that i acn use Z in my ifs conditions
>
> Thanks
>
> Juan

Do
>   you wish to use the Stoch Momentum Index or the Stoch Oscillator?
You
>   could choose to make the smoothing periods of the Stoch adaptive
if
>   you want based on the levels of the volatility.
>
>   If we're going with the if statements we'll need to know the
>   conditions that will be used.

>   --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "emarco" <emarco@xxxx>
wrote:
>   > Preston,
>   >
>   >             Currently I am developing a trading system for
tnotes
>   in 60m. The problem i noticed with my indicators is that they
should
>   adapt to different levels of intraday and 60m volatility (in
terms of
>   close data). So my idea is to construct an adaptive indicator as
you
>   mentioned below.
>   > For example:
>   > each periods caculates Voli 20 MA