RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help creating an Explorer to show stocks at their high of the day

to disclose your email address to the group.  Please use this
page to reply.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Larry,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Okay,
I was able to change it to explore the 5 min bars (I was looking in the general
Explorer options rather than selecting the specific exploration options).

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
plotted the indicator that I gave you in a Column and it worked just fine,
returning the high for the day.  Why don't you first take your filter out
(leave it blank) and see if your column is returning the right data for the high
for the day?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
After
I did that, I added a filter:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
H =
colB
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Column
B is where I put the indicator I gave you.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Ironically, the 5 min SPY was making new highs on the day and it turned
up in the report.  When it clicked over to a new bar and hadn't made a new
high yet, it was rejected.  Later on that same live bar it hit a new high
again and thus showed up in the next run.  Thus, when you run your reports
(early in a new 5 min vs. later in the 5 min period) will impact
what shows up.  You might also want to add to the filter an "OR" to allow
you to see the condition if it happened within the last few bars using the Ref()
function.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Although, as I mentioned previously, I don't use the explorer to trade
intraday, this was a worthwhile exercise and I learned something new about
MS.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Good
Trading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: lseldin
  <larry@xxxxxxxxxx> [mailto:larry@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday,
  January 28, 2003 11:41 AMTo:
  equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help
  creating an Explorer to show stocks at their high of the
  dayJoe J. wrote:>> Have you been able
  to find a place to choose 5 min data?  If so, let me know and I will
  try to get the Explorer working for you.<<Joe,You
  have to have Metastock Professional to use intra day data. Do you have
  this and also a live feed vendor such as eSignal, etc.?If you do, here
  is the procedure to enable 5 minute bars.First check your option from
  menu.- Tools, Options, Real time, enable real time and enable live
  bars.Second, edit the Explorer that you want to run.- Tools,
  Explorer, Choose Explorer to edit, Edit Explorer,Options, Exploration
  Periodicity, Intraday, choose 5 minute bars.I apreciate any help you
  can give.Thanks much,larry@xxxxxxxxxxTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor