[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Problem with MS 8.0 EOD CD Check

A similar problem with Version 7.0 and Windows'98 was noted in the
past. Here was the solution:

 There is a license verification needed 90 days after installing
MetaStock
7.0. Generally installing the CD is enough. Apparently the Auto-run
feature
started instead. The next time it asks you for the CD, hold down the
SHIFT
key on your keyboard as you insert the CD and continue to hold it
down for a
few seconds and this will disable the Auto-run feature momentarily.
This
will allow the verification feature to read the CD without Auto-run
starting, when complete MetaStock will start up. This only needs to
be done
once.

A second and better option is to leave (undo) the Auto Insert Message
option
unavailable:
-go into ControlPanel|System|CDROM|"YourCdrom player"
-at the bottom left, click for your Cdrom player's Properties
-click the Settings TAB
-go to Options section
-uncheck the Auto Insert Message option

I believe, these problems were fixed in the upgraded version of 7.0
which I also believe was free.

Hope this helps!

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "kdupont_98 <kdupont@xxxx>"