[EquisMetaStock Group] Downloader 8.0 - appending data

   I trade futures and collect EOD data for abt. 250 contracts. I
download data every evening from Manfutures - it's free and is
pretty clean. The downloaded ASCII file is run through WordPerfect
for a little massaging and is saved as a text file which I run
through Downloader's conversion thing. This has worked fine for abt.
3 years now.
   I received MS 8.0 today after upgrading from 6.52 when I bought a
new box running XP. No problem w/ the files I moved over - charts
are fine, etc. However when I tried to add data for the last 4 days -
 no go. Downloader seems to whip through the process and immediately
closes. NO error messages of any kind, but the data aren't appended
to the existing files and "append" IS clicked in Downloader. Have
tried several times w/ the same results or lack of results.
   Would be grateful for suggestions - what have I screwed up with?
Thanks in advance - Russ Neale