RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Exploration: MACD Historgram Uptrend for Weekly and Daily

Mr Barry Seeger,

You are a superb! Thanks a million for the tip on the
double exploration and both of the formulas. It works
really great!

A very happy trader!
Alex
--- Barry Seeger <barry.seeger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alex,
>
> The way I choose shares with rising daily and weekly
> MACD Histogram is
> to use two explorations.  You may not know that you
> can have a second
> exploration run on the results of the first
> exploration - see multiple
> explorations in the manual.  You end up with only
> one list:  you don't
> have to go through two sets of results and see which
> securities appear
> on both.
>
> The filter in each exploration is Fml(
> "MACD_H")>Ref(Fml( "MACD_H"),-1)
> to return those shares with a rising MACD_H. The
> only difference between
> the daily and weekly Exploration is that in the
> Explorations Editor you
> choose Options and then Daily or Weekly for
> Exploration Periodicity.
> Note that each exploration eliminates only about
> half of your database,
> since for each security MACD_H will have just ticked
> up or down.  So
> this Exploration returns too many shares, unless you
> use it in
> combination with other Explorations.
>
> Alternatively, Fml( "MACD_H")>Ref(Fml( "MACD_H"),-1)
> AND Ref(Fml(
> "MACD_H"),-2)>=Ref(Fml( "MACD_H"),-1) will catch the
> bottoms, i.e. where
> the MACD_H first ticks up.  This longer filter will
> of course return far
> fewer shares: only those ticking up for the first
> time, not all those in
> a MACD_H uptrend.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Barry

Mov(If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,0),1)),60,E)-

Mov(If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,0),1)),130,E)-

Mov(Mov(If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,0),1)),60,E)-

Mov(If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,Peak(1,If(DayOfWeek()=5,C,0),1)),130,E),45,E)

> > > Daily MACD Hist is as follows:
> > >
> > > (Mov(C,13,E) - Mov(C,21,E))-(Mov((Mov(C,13,E) -
> > > Mov(C,21,E)),5,E))
> > >

> > > Now, how to I scan for up ticking histogram for
> > both
> > > formulas? Using ROC? How do I do that? And
> > specific
> > > instructions would be appreciated rather than
> > > guidance.
> > >
> > > Alex

> > formual
> back