RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: System Tester in Metastock

to disclose your email address to the group.  Please use this
page to reply.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Dave,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
point was that if you understood that peak and trough used the zigzag function
and you also had just read what the MS zigzag help file said, it would all
become clear to you why you should NOT be using a system to trade on this!

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Good
Trading and Good Reading,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dave3003
  [mailto:no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002
  10:20 AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: System Tester in
  MetastockJoe and AlexA possibility for a
  slight misalighnment of Buy Sell flags could be buried in either the
  formula itselfor some preset conditions like 'wait a day or
  two'Dave=========================> Alex,>
  > Not to pick on you in particular as this goes for anyone, but before
  you> get all excited about an indicator, plot it and run the system
  tester,> don't you think it would be a good idea if you understood
  what the> indicator was attempting to do?>  > Did
  you take the time to read in the MS help files what the functions
  of> TroughBars & PeakBars> do and more importantly how they
  are computed?>  > MS isn't misleading.  You just have
  to do some due diligence on your> part.>  > Good
  Trading,>  > Joe J.> > -----Original
  Message-----> From: Alex Tan [mailto:bt_alex_tty@xxxx]> Sent:
  Wednesday, November 13, 2002 6:38 AM> To: equismetastock@xxxx>
  Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] System Tester in Metastock> >
  > Hi all,> > I am new to this group. I am currently
  testing some> formulas I got from this website:> <A
  href="http://www.eis.pl/kr/AFM/index.htm";>http://www.eis.pl/kr/AFM/index.htm>
  href="http://www.eis.pl/kr/AFM/e-st-Marking_High_Low.html";>http://www.eis.pl/kr/AFM/e-st-Marking_High_Low.html>
  > > I find metastock to be misleading, in the sense they>
  give the arrow buy signal on one day, but the arrow> was placed 1-2
  days prior to the buy signal in the> chart. It does the same when the
  sell signal is given,> it places the sell arrow 1-2 days prior to the
  day the> signal was given. Hence it gives you the impression of>
  a massive profit trading system, which in reality, it> is not.>