[Metastockusers] Re: Bugs in Metastock Ver 8.0 EOD

Ong Hock Choon

It is fist time on this site anyone has mentione point & figure
charting for as long as i have followed it...I use this charting
most of the time...and use everything else sparingly and to confirm
etc...

if you can master p & f then that is the only thing you need to
trade...nothing comes near it...

although i have not tested thoroughly...I compared the P & F charts
with another programme i use - Indexia and Technical Analyst....both
written by a CMT in London called jeremy Du Plessis....he is an
authority on point & figure charting techniques...and i found that
there was an error in patterns...indexia and technical analyst are
probably only the accurate charting for p &f that is avilable...box
setting of 1 is also possible with that

Unfortunately p& f in metastock is just a gimmick....they could have
included vertical and horizontal counts and better trendline
facility....pattern recognition etc...like candle charts

i wonder if anyone on this site uses p & f charting?????..

it would be useful to know if anyone has solved the vertical and
horizontal count feature in metastock???

regards

anil