[EquisMetaStock Group] Plotting discrete values - a summary

Hi all -

I thought I'd post this summary of how to plot discrete values on a
price chart - assuming the values are in the same range as the price.
The attached chart has dots at each top and bottom with nothing in between.

The method is as follows.

Plot the value as a Binary. You can offset the dot by some small
constant value.
Plot the else portion of the binary as a value that's "out of the way"
of the desired plot, but not so far out of the way as to distort the scale.
Use the points style. >Don't< use the thickest setting.
You now have a plot that has the desired points and a bunch of points
that you don't want and that are out of the way.
Create a plot that replicates the else portion.
Set this plot to the background color, and the >thickest< line style.

In the attached example:
{Bottoms}
Bottom:=Ref(L,-1)<Ref(L,-2) AND Ref(L,-1)<L;{The normal definition of a
bottom}
Ref(If(Bottom,Ref(L,-1)-.1,.9*Ref(L,-1)),+1);{Plotting it as
Binary,getting the unwanted out of the way and moving it a bar back}

{Tops same as above, but tops}
Top:=Ref(H,-1)>Ref(H,-2) AND Ref(H,-1)>H;
Ref(If(Top,Ref(H,-1)+.1,.9*Ref(L,-1)),+1)

{Eraser}
Ref(Ref(L,-1)*.9,+1)

Be sure to plot Eraser last, and use the thickest setting available.
This all works quite well with black or white backgrounds. I haven't
tried other colors.

With thanks to Joe J. and Jayson for helping to get me here.

Ron

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/jd3IAA/BefplB/TM