[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Customising line studies Trailing Stops

Mike,

Here is a nice formula designed expecially for adaptive stops that
will maximise profits in a trendy market,

{Trailing Stop by Andrzej Herman }
strata:=10;
      If(
         C=PREV,
         PREV,
         If(
            ((Ref(C,-1)<PREV)AND (C<PREV)),
            Min(PREV,C*(1+strata/100)),
            If(
               (Ref(C,-1)>PREV) AND (C>PREV),
               Max(PREV,C*(1-strata/100)),
               If(
                  C>PREV,
                  C*(1-strata/100),
                  C*(1+strata/100)
               )
            )
         )
      )

Four additional trailing stop formulas are available at:
  http://eis.pl/kr/AFM/e-0-tytulowa-t.html

Grizz

--- In equismetastock@xxxx, Mike Loveday <mike.loveday@xxxx> wrote:
> Is it possble in Metastock to write custom formulas for line
studies (ie;
> this would be a function similar to the 'linear regression'
or 'raff reg
> channel' in the drawing tools)? Basically i want to write something
that
> draws a horizontal parallel line 2 or 3 or 5 lows below an entry
point line
> for example (a typical stop loss application). Ideally this
should "trail"
> as price moves higher/lower.
> I found this formula below, but it's an indicator rather than a one-
off line
> study.. ie; i don't necessarily want to apply it across all the
data.

> Stop Loss Indicator
>
> periodslong:=input("periods if long",1,50,10);
> LLV(L,periodslong)+ATR(periodslong);
> {stoploss level for long positions}
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.