Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] trendline angle

This is not intended as an answer, but more as a suggestion of a
direction as I have been trying to use angles on trend lines as well. If
you know the two values (end points) of  the line eg today and x days
ago, then the arc tan function will return a value in radians. This can
be used directly or converted to degrees.

Ron

drakov2002 wrote:

> Is there an indicator that gives the +/- angle of a trendline?
> For example a 25 day exponential moving average or an adaptive
> moving average.
> I have looked at several  trendline score indicators
> but they seem to have a lag.
> After the line starts pointing up it is still showing a minus score
> for quite a while and after the line  starts pointing down it still
> shows a plus score  for a while .
> Also the angle would be better  than a score as you could wait for -
> 5 or -10  degrees before you exited.
> It would also help with the entry.
> I have done several backtests where  the trendlines of some of the
> stocks selected were still pointing downwards to the naked eye.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2310151.3725769.2113459/D=egroupweb/S=1705375617:HM/A=1226184/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N879.ameritrade.yahoo/B1054521.11;sz=300x250;adc=ZHS;ord=1034242970?>

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now