Re: [Metastockusers] MS 8.0 and changes in the data format

Pablo

I have found with each new version of MS that older versions have been
unable to access files once the newer version has opened them. I believe
there are two issues to be aware of that may help you get around the
problem.

Deleting "smart charts" that have been opened by the newer version "may"
allow the older version to access the files once again. This approach has
worked for me in the past.

Continuing to use the older version of DownLoader should ensure that the raw
data continues to be accessible to all programs that require it. Once other
programs are "caught up" then you could use the DownLoader for 8.0.

Roy

> Answering to myself, evidently there is a diference between the way the
new
> downloader converts the data and the way 7.2 does
> The solution for advancegt users:
> go to menu file/datapaths and delete all the data paths, close the
program,
> open it again go to file /datapaths and  add the paths with the exact same
> caracteristics than before, if when pressing ok instead of scanning for
data
> appears a message of "unrecognize format" or "no data", close get . OPen
it
> again go to file /datapaths and do nothing just press ok as if you add a
new
> datapath, this time will scan the data files and will make the portfolio
> list.
> The problem seems to be that adget can't recognize a data series that was
> converted part in 7.2 and part in 8.0 downloaders,
> if this means that the metastock file format has changed a bit or the new
> downloader has changed the way that converts ascii files remains to be
seen

> Bye
>
> Pablo

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now