Odp: [Metastockusers] Careful!

From: John and Suzanne <sragone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 2:55 AM
Subject: [Metastockusers] Careful!

> Well,just installed my MS EOD 8.0.It crashes everytime I try to open
> an Expert Advisor.Will try a reinstall but don't think I deviated
> from the simple upgrade instructions for previous version 7.2.
>
> John

John,

you may try to first export your Expert Advisors from 7.2
next, clean install MS 8.0,
then re-import EA.
I don't have MS 8.0 so I wouldn't really know, but, this issue used to come
up with every upgrade AFAIR.
To make matters worse I hear there are serious differences in MS 8.0
Metastock Formula Language so, worst case scenario, you won't be able to use
your old formulas (including EA) unless you re-write them so they are
compatible.

HTH,

Yarroll
***