Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: "Stops" Help

Shane & Preston

I think 'Trade Stop LE' may be over-kill for the problem. Also TS does not
give exact exits for compounding equity (as used by MS System Tester) - it
is intended for use with 'Trade Equity LE' that uses "equal" position sizes.

When I get a moment I'll look at the problem more closely, or Shane could
jog my memory by writing direct to rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For now I'm busy tidying up all Trade Equity 'equal' indicators (4) and
explorations (16) to include "position sizing" and "Points Only Test"
options. Then there's the same number of compounding indicators and
explorations to tidy up as well.

Roy

> I assume you mean Roy and not Ron. Look at Trade Stop LE and I
> believe you will see how Roy used the Tr: variable and how he applied
> the Alert function to it. With a little luck maybe he will pick up
> this thread and give you some help, straight from the horses mouth,
> so to speak.

> --- In equismetastock@xxxx, shane1800 <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hello Preston,
> >
> > Thanks for your response, I have used Rons code and will look into
> > that for what I need.  But I don't understand how the Alert
> function
> > would help, would I place that in the entry or exit area?  Can you
> > give me an example if I have a trade with a 4% target and 3% stop.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shane
> >
> > --- In equismetastock@xxxx, P UMRYSH <pumrysh@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Shane,
> > >
> > > After some thought, you might try the ALERT function. This will
> > hold
> > > your entry true for a set period of time.

> > the
> > work

> > stop,

> > stop