Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] frustrating and possibly silly question

Mike,

Your problem has been experienced by others. A program is available to
remove "dead stocks". Right now I do not remember whether it was
private script or vendor.

Preston

--- Mike Loveday <mike.loveday@xxxxxx> wrote:
> at the outset i apologise that this is something way beneath the
> usual
> intellectual property akin to this group.  I have written a very
> simple
> formula to filter "dead stocks" that under normal conditions are
> still
> picked up in explorer searches. This is due to the formula language
> having
> no reference to "calender days".. ie; most recent time period being
> something relative to the "here and now". Therefore, searches still
> collect
> stocks that have met the criteria but the most recent time period was
> "x"
> months ago.
>
> My conclusion is the the onus for solving this is on the data
> provider
> software.. in that periods of inactivity need to be referenced by the
> data
> provider (or downloader) in the tick data file with some form of
> entry
> (albeit a drop to zero or something), which in itself would then
> create a
> null trend that the formula language could detect.
>
> cheers,  Mike

http://sbc.yahoo.com

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/BefplB/TM