Re: Metastock Startup Problem

Eddie

> Please can anybody help ??.
>
> I have Metastock 6.5 which has suddenly started hanging on startup, I am
> sure that I have seen issues like this mentioned on the list before, but
> I am unable to locate relevant info.
>
> As I recall the solution was to delete certain files ....... !!!!!!!!!

Most often deleting the corrupted Smart Chart will do the trick. Since there
is probably no way of knowing which chart(s) is/are corrupted it may pay to
delete them all (contents of all MSSMART folders). If you know which chart
was last open before the failure then just deleting the group it's in may be
all that's needed.

Smart Charts will be rebuilt automatically from your default template so you
would only lose little unless you have done extensive changes to charts.

Roy