From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Yarroll
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 5:57 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Initializing variables in MFL

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 00:17:41 -0500
From: "Lionel Issen" <lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Initializing variables

If I understand you, there is no way to get a 200 day moving average unless
you have at least 200 days of data. If you only have 200 days of data, then
you will have a single point at the 200th day.

Thanks Lionel. This is pretty obvious. What I meant was, if you have eg 400
days loaded and test a system which uses a 200-day MA, then the first signal
is possible on bar No. 200. And thereafter, for bars 201-400.

All the best,
Yarroll
***
http://republika.pl/yarroll999/