Re: Error-Msg: Folder is not open.

Try File | New | Chart
Click Options | open with Template
Double click Clean.mwt
Double click a security in the problem folder
If you don't get the message, it not a data problem, but a problem with the Smart Charts and/or the default template
Next, try File | New | Chart
double click a security in that folder
If you don't get the message, the default template is OK
Delete the MSSmart subfolder, the smart chart will re-created the next time you open them
If you do get the message, you will need to rebuild the default template (suggest starting with the Clean.mwt template), save as the default and then delete the MSSMart subfolder.

---
Joe

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:29:14
 Bodo Brochterbeck wrote:
>Hi Joe,
>
>thanks for the proposal. I found some of those ~msfl.* files, but in a
>different directory. Deleting them did not produce the desired result.
>No ~msfl.* files anywhere yet still the same:
>
>   Folder is not open.
>
>Further ideas? Of course, I could create a new folder...
>
>Bodo
>

>> Close MetaStock, The DownLoader and the Data/File servers (if running
>> Pro)
>> Start | Search (or Find)
>> look for ~msfl.*
>> delete all files found.
>> ---
>> Joe
>>

>>  Bodo Brochterbeck wrote:
>> >Today I got a surprise: Metastock could not access one of my folders.
>> Express-Download failed adding new EOD data. Then I tried to access my
>> folder with the OPEN command, which resulted in the following error
>> message:
>> >
>> >   Folder is not open.
>> >
>> >All the files are still in there, but I cannot access them.
>> >
>> >Any ideas?

Supercharge your e-mail with a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads
and NoTaglines --> LYCOS MAIL PLUS.